E-BOOKS   KRS HOME   BOOKLIST

Saturday, March 31, 2012

April 2012

WHAT'S NEW???

KIT AND KISSES, a contemporary romance, will be free on April 18 and 19.  This novel spotlights a hero with a special needs sister and a heroine who has been duped once by a con man and is afraid to trust. I hope you enjoy it.  If you do, please click the "like" button.  And if you really like it, I'd appreciate a review on Amazon.  Each one helps spread the word about my books.  I'm grateful for each and every one.

This month I'm finishing the rough draft of the first book of my mystery series, working title--KNIFE-EDGED.  It's been so much fun to write.  Editing will take a while.  I want to make sure it's just right.  I also hope to begin developing the plot for book 2. I'm in the process of working with my webmistress to develop a mystery website featuring Caprice De Luca my amateur sleuth and her home-staging career. More about that in the coming months.

While I'm working on KNIFE-EDGED, I'll be writing a women's fiction novel I've wanted to explore for some time.  This will be an e-book with romance, a bit of mystery and some suspense.  I hope to have it published by the end of the year.

AROUND THE HOUSE...




We're having an unusually early spring in Pennsylvania.  Beautiful hyacinths are blooming and our gnarled cherry  tree is blossoming.  The first tulip has just popped.  In preparation for our summer garden, I've been planting heirloom tomatoes.  You can read my blog about them at http://karenrosesmith.blogspot.com/2012/03/heirloom-tomatoes-gardening-as-therapy.html.

The yellow and the purple with white petunias I've been documenting on my weekly gardening blog are looking healthy.  I'm hoping by Mother's Day, we'll be able to plant them outside.  I hope to have enough to border our walk and fill in our gardens.  Geraniums are beginning to sprout.

My office has a colorful new look.  I bought a rug that it's taken a few years to find.  I wanted just the right one.  The kitties like it.  Ebbie particularly has been snoozing on it.


London, on the other hand, snoozes anywhere soft and comfortable.



With the warmer weather, picnics will begin.  I have a favorite recipe for a broccoli salad I thought you might like.  It's easy and welcome at covered dishes.

Oriental Broccoli Salad
Salad:
1 bag broccoli slaw
1 pkg. Beef Ramen Noodles (broken up)
1 cup sunflower seeds

Dressing:
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
Ramen Noodle seasoning

Pour dressing over slaw, sunflower seeds and broken up noodles.  I mix this the night before a covered dish because I like the noodles soft. Stir again before serving.

SPECIAL THIS MONTH!!!

Prize: a $25 Amazon gift card and a copy of ONCE UPON A GROOM.

Use the button on the right to enter. Please only one entry per email address.  They are sorted. Contest ends on April 30 at midnight EST. Winner will be notified by May 15 EST and will have to email me his/her snail mail address. If winner does not verify by midnight May 31, a new winner will be drawn.   

THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO US/CANADA WINNERS ONLY.

Have a wonderful spring!

Karen

4 comments:

  1. Karen I always enjoy your books...
    Your garden looks lovely and your kittys are so cute..
    Looking forward to more of your great books..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful writer, Karen. I always know I am in for a good read when I am holding one of your books.
    mom1248(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen--I'm glad you enjoy them. I hope you'll enjoy the mysteries too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patsy--Thank you! I try to make each one different in some way. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete