E-BOOKS   KRS HOME   BOOKLIST

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

March 2012

WHAT'S NEW???

March is here! And spring can't be far behind. I have lots of news for you this month.

First of all, my romance FOREVER AFTER will be free on Amazon kindle from March 10 through March 15. Don't miss this freebee for my readers.

And now for an announcement that I couldn't wait to make.  I'm writing a cozy mystery series for Kensington Books. My sleuth Caprice De Luca is a home stager who comes from a big Italian family. She likes to cook, take in stray animals and her curiosity puts her in danger.  I'm writing the first book KNIFE-EDGED now and will soon have a website to give you more details about my sleuth, the book and the series. For my romance readers...  There will be a touch of romance in Caprice's life.  I'm having a ton of fun with this and it's writing so easily.  Stay tuned for more about it.

I've just finished editing my books for Harlequin Special Edition.  THE CEO'S UNEXPECTED PROPOSAL will be released in July and RILEY'S BABY BOY in August. These are books 3 and 4 in my Reunion Brides series.

I have two blog series in progress--one about having A LASTING CAREER as an author and another on my planting season and starting indoor plants. Take a look at: Cats, Roses...and Books!  Comments welcome.



AROUND THE HOUSE...


I found this is the yard already! It's a Lady Beatrix Stanley orchid/iris. It's in my "blue" garden and the color is actually that brilliant blue. They are early irises and pop up first thing in spring but never this early. We've had such a mild winter some of the flowers and budding plants are confused. I love seeing this bit of color in the garden already.

Squirrels and birds are enjoying our deck feeder!  I have to keep the lid tied down so the squirrels don't dig in the birdseed for sunflower seeds. But they do make it spin and we can hear it clanking.



It's planting time around the house. I've started petunias from seeds. You can read all about it at my blog. Cats, Roses...and Books! I use a plant heating pad and a grow light to start the flowers. Soon I'll begin planting heirloom tomatoes.  As you can see, our cat London must be involved.  Amazingly she doesn't dig in the ground or bother the new plants.  Though if we bring a pineapple in from the grocery store we have to hide it because she wants to chew on it.

SPECIAL THIS MONTH!!!
It's no secret I love cats.  In my mystery series, my sleuth has a calico longhair living with her--Sophia.  (There will be others over the course of the series as well as dogs!) To celebrate selling this series, I'm giving away a Lenox statue SITTING PRETTY along with a print copy of my REUNION BRIDES release HIS DAUGHTER...THEIR CHILD.  Use the button on the right to enter. Please only one entry per email address.  They are sorted. Contest ends on March 31 at midnight EST. Winner will be notified by April 15 EST and will have to email me his/her snail mail address. If winner does not verify by midnight April 30, a new winner will be drawn.  THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO US/CANADA WINNERS ONLY.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Karen! I loved looking at the nature pictures you have on your site here. While my husband and I live in southwest Florida, we like to stay in the mountains of western North Carolina in the summer where we can be near our son and grandchildren and do lots of hiking. We always rent a home and love being able to see squirrels and other critters. We have white squirrels in that area too. They love it when I throw popcorn out for them. Of course, unsalted peanuts in the shell are a favorite too. I've so enjoyed watching the hummingbirds buzz by. If I'm really still and wear a bright colored top, they will come right up to me and think I'm a flower. Really cool. Seeing the picture of the flower coming up through the ground reminded me of our years living in Virginia. Early every spring, I would carefully check the flowerbeds hoping to see a bulb popping through. It was always such a relief to find one as I felt as though we have made it through yet another cold winter. Love your cat! Right now, we don't have any pets but our son just adopted a kitten and I get to meet my new Grandcat next week. I'm really excited about that. He named her Chloe. All the best with your novels and your spring plantings!

    Connie Fischer
    conniecape@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record I love cats too. I have three too many inside house and about 10 outside

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie--thanks for stopping by. I just took a walk and found hyacinth bulbs budding! Unusual this time of year in PA. Have fun with your new grand-kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squiresj--I have two inside. They keep me company. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete