E-BOOKS   KRS HOME   BOOKLIST

Thursday, December 1, 2011

December IN TOUCH with Karen Rose Smith e-zine

WHAT'S NEW?
Hi, everyone.  Happy holidays!  It's hard to believe they're here already.  In my books, I like to use holiday themes.  I've focused on JAKE'S BRIDE this month, book 2 in my SEARCH FOR LOVE series because it has a forgiveness/Christmas theme and ends on Christmas Eve.  This is a contemporary romance/marriage of convenience/secret baby book that spotlights not only Jake's romance but also his work with Gillian Moore from NATHAN'S VOW.  To make information simpler for my readers I've set up a website devoted to my SEARCH FOR LOVE series.  You can access it at Search For Love series.  There you will find excerpts and also preview my book 6 book cover.  You can email me to let me know how you like it from the website or chat with me on Facebook--"like" my page so you can post Facebook Karen Rose Smith Author page or on Twitter Tweet with Karen.  I'd love to hear what you think about the series.  I've tried to include several different types of contemporary romances to suit lots of different tastes.

Buy JAKE'S BRIDE at AMAZON


I also had the terrific news that HIS COUNTRY CINDERELLA was nominated for Romantic Times' Reviewers' Choice award for Best Special Edition.  I surely fell in love with this country singer hero and I guess my readers did, too.  Also in my news is that Book 5 in my SEARCH FOR LOVE series, HEARTFIRE, made #1 on Amazon's free Contemporary Romance Bestseller list.  I don't know how much longer it will remain free, but it's available for download at Nook and Amazon now.

I'm working on Book 6, a novella, CASSIDY'S COWBOY.  In it Lucy and Cassie from Book 4 in my SEARCH FOR LOVE series, ALWAYS HER COWBOY, search for their dad.  Cassie also falls in love with her foreman's nephew who is staying at Twin Pines Ranch with his daughter for a few weeks.  I hope to have this ready in January 2012.

AROUND THE HOUSE...
This month we're all about holiday preparation.  I like to take my time wrapping presents and baking so I'm not stressed with fitting it in around my writing.  So I start early.  Of course, the cats join in and like the activity.  They watched with interest as my husband attached our half tree to the wall and we decorated it.  They are fascinated by the twinkle lights and of course like to roll in a piece of tissue paper.  Our early snowfall on Halloween ended most of the color in my gardens.  But I can still find a few gems, even in December.

In preparation for the holidays I often sort through my mom's Christmas recipes.  Baking or cooking the way she did brings back warm, lasting memories.  So I thought I'd share one of our favorite cookies that she and I made every year when I was a child.

SNOWBALLS
Cream 2 sticks of butter and add 1/2 cup confectioners sugar.  Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 3/4 cups of flour and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.  Chill for two hours.  Then shape into balls.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  While still just slightly warm, roll in sifted confectioner's sugar.  Makes 3 dozen balls.  

Enjoy!

SPECIAL THIS MONTH!!!
I celebrate my birthday in December so I wanted to have a contest with something especially memorable.  So this month I'm giving away a Technibond rose ring, size 8/9, a sachet filled with rose petals from my garden, and a copy of ONCE UPON A GROOM, my latest REUNION BRIDES release. 
Use the button on the right to enter.  This month there is a way to have an extra chance to win.  Leave a comment!  If you do, I will add your entry TWICE and give you double the chance to win.  Please only one entry per email address. They are sorted.  Contest ends on December 31 at midnight EST. Winner will be notified by January 15 EST and will have to email me his/her snail-mail address. If winner does not verify by midnight January 31, a new winner will be drawn.  THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO US/CANADA WINNERS ONLY.  Good luck.  Have a wonderful holiday season.
Don't forget to stop by my blog at CATS, ROSES...AND BOOKS!

13 comments:

  1. I just love the way you personalize your ezine with pictures of your flowers and cats. It gives such a warm feeling while reading about your great books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney-my cats and gardens are a huge part of my life. I'm glad you enjoy them. You get a double chance to win the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous ring. you are most generous to give it and your book away together :D

    Love the picture of your cat, he looks most content on the paper there :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ilona--They were teasing each other. When they find something they like, they can get territorial. Double entry for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty ring and would love to win the contest. I can not believe how close we lived to each other when I lived in Adamstown, PA. Happy Birthday..mine is Jan 4th and guess what ..it's the big one..65. I do not feel or act my age and in good health I do things that probably I should hire some one to do..ha Hope your day is as special as you are. susan Leech garysue@dejazzd.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan--Enjoy your 65th! It's important to stand young at heart. I'll double your chances to win. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday.Ilove the pic of your kitty Im a huge animal lover .Thank you for the chance to win .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Karen! What a wonderful and generous giveaway you are offering your readers! I love the pictures of your cats. I adore them! I think one could watch them all day and be constantly entertained. Thanks for the recipe for the Snowballs. That sounds so delicious and I'm sure that they will be totally calorie-free. Doesn't the magic of Christmas ban calories? I'm hoping that is the case. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and New Year and I wish you continued success with your awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanda--Sometimes the cats will pose for me and sometimes they won't. Glad you enjoyed the picture. I'll put your name in twice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connie--No calories at all in Christmas cookies :) My camera doesn't take pictures fast enough sometimes and the kitties move awfully quickly. I'll put your name in twice for the contest. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wanda and Connie--Can you email me through my website @ http://www.karenrosesmith.com so that I can get your email address to put in your extra contest entry? When they come in from clicking on the contest button, I don't know who they belong to.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you please send your smail address to me..somehow I misplaced the envelope you sent my book in and I want to send you a snail mail. Send to garysue@dejazzd.com I would appreciate it so I can give up racking my brain as to what I did with your book envelope. ha ha Happy Birthday once more. susan Leech

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!!

    staniszeski3824@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete