E-BOOKS   KRS HOME   BOOKLIST

Saturday, July 30, 2011

August 2011

WHAT'S NEW???



So much is new this month!  I'm publishing new editions of two backlist books with new titles, covers and editing.  NATHAN'S VOW and JAKE'S BRIDE are interconnected books, the first two romances in my Search For Love series.  In NATHAN'S VOW (originally ADAM'S VOW), psychic Gillian Moore helps Nathan search for his two daughters.  JAKE'S BRIDE (originally SHANE'S BRIDE) has one of my favorite plotlines—marriage of convenience and secret baby surrounding a Christmas theme.  This book is all about the ability to forgive and how important that is in a marriage.  I just love these new covers and I'm grateful to my artist, Judy Bullard, for their design.  My plans for the upcoming year are to write a novella about a secondary character in NATHAN'S VOW, Linc Granger, as well as to e-pub a third book in the Search For Love series.  I found this book in my archives and it only needs a chapter or so to finish it!  I hope you enjoy venturing into NATHAN'S VOW and JAKE'S BRIDE as readers did when they were originally published.  NATHAN'S VOW. Buy Amazon
                               JAKE'S BRIDE. Buy Amazon

I was really excited  to see that my re-release LOVE IN BLOOM hit #1 on Amazon's Free Contemporary Romance Bestseller List.  If you hurry, you might still be able to download it for free!  This giveaway is for a limited time.

Also in August—
HIS COUNTRY CINDERELLA, Montana Mavericks: The Texans Are Coming!, will be released at the end of the month.  Zane Gunther, a country singer I introduced in last year's Montana Mavericks, couldn't wait to become the hero of his own book.  I've actually written a country song for this one.  Read an excerpt on my website.  Excerpt

I've started the fourth book in my Reunion Brides series—WEDDING BELLS AND BABY BOOTIES, which is the working title. This book is scheduled for mid-2012.  I have lots to keep me busy, including socializing on Twitter.  If you'd like to follow, you can find me @karenrosesmith.

AROUND THE HOUSE...


We have tomatoes and zucchini everywhere!  At a recent picnic, we gave away zucchini as door prizes with this delicious chocolate zucchini bread recipe.  Even friends not too crazy about zucchini loved the bread!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly grease two 9 X 5 inch loaf pans.  In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted.  Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.  In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well.  Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.  Bake in preheated over for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.

As you can see from the photos, zinnias are blooming everywhere and the flower pots I planted are teeming with color.



Everything in the gardens in summer makes me smile, especially the hummingbirds that visit our feeders.  They chirp at us and frolic and bring me a special kind of pleasure.  I've also included a photo of one of my favorites.


SPECIAL THIS MONTH!!!

This month, enter my contest for a chance to win a romantic LIA SOPHIA anklet and a signed copy of HIS COUNTRY CINDERELLA.  Use the button on the right to enter. Please one entry per email address. Contest ends on August 31 at midnight EST. Winner will be notified by September 7 EST and will have to email me his/her snail-mail address. If winner does not verify by midnight September 15, a new winner will be drawn.  This contest is open to US winners only.  Good luck.  Congratulations to June's winner—Lisa Kendall!
Enjoy your summer and don't forget to stop by my blog at Cats, Roses...and Books!  

4 comments:

  1. What a great giveaway this is.

    Jo from Southern Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gareden look great and those tomatoes will taste delisouses...
    A great give away for August. I love anything with hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo--I love this anklet, too. I collect jewelry with hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen--I like being able to go out in the morning and pick fresh tomatoes! I do have lots of "heart" jewelry.

    ReplyDelete