E-BOOKS   KRS HOME   BOOKLIST

Sunday, June 26, 2011

July 2011


What's New??? 

I'm excited about the e-book re-release of FOREVER AFTER, a spicy emotional romance that was first published as a Precious Gems. And I absolutely love the new cover. My artist Judy Bullard used a Jimmy Thomas photo and it was absolutely perfect. This cover captures my heroine Darcy's innocence and my hero Seth's sexiness. Yes, this cover is a little different from my usual style of covers. That's because this book is spicier and I wanted my readers to know that.

Just a peek:
Attorney Seth Hallaran fights for dads who want custody of their children. When he meets Darcy Kearn, a feminine auto mechanic who turns his thoughts to satin sheets and dark nights of passion, he must rethink his life and career. Can Darcy transform his cynicism into love that will last FOREVER AFTER?

This romance is set in Hershey, Pennsylvania. As a child, I visited Hershey often to enjoy the amusement park. As an adult, I've watched Broadway shows in the theatre. But the real draw for me was always that enticing aroma of chocolate that tourists could get a whiff of as they drove through the town. And then there's the uniqueness of the chocolate kiss street lights! Hershey was the perfect setting for this sensual and emotional romance.
Buy Amazon          Barnes & Noble          


I'm also beginning Book 4 of my REUNION BRIDES series for Harlequin Special Edition. WEDDING BELLS AND BABY BOOTIES is on its way. I've already fallen for my ex-Marine hero Riley. My heroine Brenna who is a bridal gown designer is a match for him. Although their families have had a feud for years, Brenna and Riley discovered resurrected high school chemistry the night of their fifteen-year high school reunion. When Brenna turns up with a month-old baby on Riley's doorstep, his heart knows he's the dad. More about this romance in the months to come.

AROUND THE HOUSE...

We returned from a trip to Oklahoma to find our garden gone wild! The zucchini leaves could practically be fans. And we even harvested our first one which is early for the northeast. As you can see daisies and cones flowers are gorgeous right now as well as the day lilies. I post pics of those often on Facebook. Each day brings a new one opening. As fresh vegetables come in from the garden, I'll be cooking with them and the herbs that are also doing well. Below is one of my favorite zucchini recipes good enough for home, easy enough for company.

Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie
4 cups thinly sliced, unpeeled zucchini
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1/4 to 1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. sweet basil leaves
1/4 tsp. oregano leaves
2 eggs, well beaten
8 oz. (2 cups) shredded natural Mozzarella cheese
8 oz. can refrigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
Heat oven to 375 degrees. In 10 inch skillet, cook zucchini and onion in butter until tender about 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and seasonings. In large bowl, blend eggs and cheese. Stir in vegetable mixture.
Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 10 inch pie pan or plate, 12 x 8 inch baking dish or 11 inch quiche pan. Press over bottom and up sides to form crust. Spread crust with mustard. Pour vegetable mixture evenly into crust.
Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. (If crust becomes too brown, cover with foil during last 10 minutes of baking.) Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges to serve; serve hot. 6 servings.






 
Our backyard seems to be a haven for bunnies,  hummingbirds and a variety of birds. Almost every evening a green hummingbird with a ruby throat flutters around the feeders. The barn swallows dip and swoop in a beautiful dance and the bunnies frolic in the grass, hide under the pine and in the lily garden. I love to sit on the patio and just enjoy it all.


SPECIAL THIS MONTH!!!
With this month's contest, I'm giving away a signed original collector's copy of FOREVER EVER and a $15 Subway gift card for those hot summer nights when you don't feel like cooking. Use the button on the right to enter. Please one entry per email address. Contest ends on July 31 at midnight EST. Winner will be notified by August 7 EST and will have to email me his/her snail-mail address. If winner does not verify by midnight August 15, a new winner will be drawn.  This contest is open to US winners only.  Good luck and have a wonderful summer! 
Don't forget to stop by my blog at Cats, Roses...and Books!  New blog about Dead Wood In Manuscripts will be posted next week.  Cats, Roses...and Books!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice contest :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I will add your name to July's.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already a subscriber, that's how I knew about the contest, so I am guessing I don't do anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, Karen! Thanks for the recipe and for sharing the pictures from your backyard. Please enter me in the drawing and count me as your newest fan (and follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the recipe and the pic of the bunny--we have a family with racing stripes living under our yard barn. Congrats on your recent successes and please enter me in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Pam. It's great to see you here. I'm going to post recipes more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julee--Thanks for stopping by. The bunnies are sooo cute. Even if they do eat my zinnias.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy my backyard wildlife just like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gigi--When the day is stressful or I need a new perspective for writing, I go outside and I automatically relax. Thanks for reading my e-zine.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our yards sounds so much alike.I have black bears and deer plus all the smaller critters. Love it in the country. Love your contest here. Another PA gal. susan Leech

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan--We've never seen a bear! I think that's a good thing. But I do love the rest. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the giveaway.

    Jo from Southern Arizona

    ReplyDelete